- This event has passed.
Highmark Walk for a Healthy Community
May 20 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
PPFF invites you to participate as a walker or a donor in the 2017 Highmark Walk for a Healthy Community.
The Foundation is one of 48 nonprofit organizations taking part in this year’s Walk, sponsored locally by Highmark Blue Shield, which underwrites the cost of the walk so that we can keep all of the money raised.
Support our efforts to promote a healthy, active life for you and all Pennsylvanians! Sign up to donate or participate.
We are offering a special menu of incentives to encourage your support (as Highmark will in various flash challenges throughout the weeks leading up to May 20). Our incentives:
- Raise $35 and Highmark Blue Shield will give you a kiwi green walk shirt (you chose your size when you registered because you KNEW you’d be able to raise $35)
- Every PPFF walker will receive a CLIF Bar or other treat from our sponsor, CLIF Bar
- Raise $50 and receive a bright orange Wearable Checklist to the State Parks and Forests (our very popular bandana)
- Raise $100 and receive the bandana and a water bottle
- Raise $250 and add a copy of the Pennsylvania State Parks & State Forests Passport to your goodie bag
- Raise $500 and we’ll also invite you to a special celebration picnic (or other special event)
- Raise $1,000 and I’ll throw in a Paddle with Marci excursion for you and three friends.
A big thank you goes out to our sponsors for their generous contributions; additional sponsorships are sought from local businesses or organizations. Let us help you promote your support for a happier, healthier Pennsylvania!
Or contact Beth at the office at 717.236.7644.