- This event has passed.
The Ridge Runners will be out in full force! If you ever considered joining in this great group maintaining the LHHT, National Trails Day is the perfect time! Three projects are on tap (with meeting places shown):
* PW&S Grade (mm39)
* Meet at 0930 in the PW&S Parking Lot off Laurel Summit Road
* Tread and drainage work and some potential re-routing
* Rt. 30 Shelter Area (mm46.5)
* Meet at 0930 Laurel Mountain Warming Hut off Laurel Summit Road
* Install 2 tent platforms
* General Shelter Area improvements
* Ohiopyle Staircase (mm 0)
* Meet at 0930 in Ferncliff Parking Area
* Rehab long entry staircase with locust timbers
Please bring gloves, water, and lunch.
RSVP to Mike Mumau, Park Manager with your desired project so resources are allocated appropriately. Email or call to 814.445.7725 x13.