Friends of Ridley CreekJanuary 11, 2016
Ridley Creek State Park is a Commonwealth of Pennsylvania park located 2.5 miles west of Newtown Square, PA and 16 miles west of downtown Philadelphia. The park is 2,600 acres of streams, rolling hardwood forest and meadow.
- There are 12 miles of hiking paths and and 5 miles of paved path for bicycling.
- Picnicking and recreational facilities are spread throughout the park.
- Fishing, sledding and a private riding stable are in the park.
- Environmental education programs are available.
- The Hunting Hill mansion (Park Headquarters) and its formal gardens are a tranquil and popular setting for meetings, receptions and weddings.
The Friends of Ridley Creek State Park is organized to increase and enhance the quality of everyone’s contact with Ridley Creek S.P. We are actively seeking members to help improve the Park financially and physically (by helping!). There are many programs and projects that may be possible with enough community support.