PENNSYLVANIA PARKS AND FORESTS FOUNDATION SEEKS NOMINATIONS FOR ANNUAL AWARDS PROGRAMOctober 25, 2018
Camp Hill, PA –The Pennsylvania Parks and Forests Foundation (PPFF), holds an annual awards banquet to recognize exemplary work in state parks and forests by both staff and volunteers. PPFF is looking to the public to help celebrate the importance of state parks and forests by asking for nominations of a park, forest, or volunteer that exemplifies the best of the best. Nominations are due December 17, 2018. Award winners will be announced in January 2019 and honored at PPFF’s awards banquet in May 2019.
The award categories include:
• Cliff Jones Keystone Legacy Award—This top honor is given to a group, individual, or business. It recognizes an outstanding contribution to the protection and/or enhancement to the park and forest system in Pennsylvania.
• Joseph Ibberson Government Award—The Ibberson Government Award is given to a person or department at any level of government to recognize their work in the stewardship of Pennsylvania’s state park and forest systems.
• Park of the Year—The Park of the Year Award is designed to recognize a park for their exemplary or innovative work in customer service, education, or recreation; stewardship of natural, cultural, or historic assets; and/or accommodation of special needs of visitors.
• Forest of the Year—The Forest of the Year Award is designed to recognize a forest district for its innovative and exemplary work in both forest management and recreation.
• Volunteerism Awards—The Volunteerism Award honors organizations or individuals that have made a lasting, positive impression on a park or forest.
• Young Volunteer Award—The Young Volunteer Award recognizes a significant contribution to a park or forest by a person under the age of 25, including volunteer hours, a significant project or an innovative idea.
Nominations can be sent to the PPFF office at 1845 Market Street, Suite 202, Camp Hill, PA 17011 or emailed to [email protected]