The photo contest allows professional and amateurs alike to vie for supremacy in a variety of categories, capturing all that is special and the memories that are made in our state parks and forests. Once selected each year, our photo showcase gallery is displayed in various ways – and the whole process begins again with the launch of a new contest each fall.
Our categories for 2023 are related to PPFF’s 2023 theme of “Reflections” and are a direct outgrowth of last year’s photo contest! The word “reflections” suggested so many things that it seemed like a wonderful jumping off point for artistic interpretation.
- Mirror Images: Quite the literal reading of “reflections.”
- Meditation: “Reflection” also means, of course, to consider quietly.
- What Parks and Forests Mean To Me: And as you reflect and consider, perhaps you find something in our parks and forests that sums up in an image what these places mean to your health, well-being, pursuit of happiness.
- Conversations: Life meets itself on a walk through the woods. As we reflect on the beauty of the natural world, we realize that everywhere we turn life interacts, converses, and connects in so many ways.
- Celebrations: You reflect and you celebrate. Let us share the people, places, and things that bring you joy in the parks and forests.
- Young Photographers (ages 12 to 17 )
Get your copy of the rules and enter as soon as you can. In the meantime, enjoy the 2022 winners in the Gallery. Click to “Gallery” at the top of any page of the website!