The Pennsylvania Forestry Association’s Forest Heritage and Discovery Center located in the Caledonia State Park near Fayetteville, Pennsylvania is seeking to contract for the services of a part-time assistant to staff and help manage the Discovery Center.
The work will be on Fridays from 2:00 to 6:00pm, Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays from 12:00 to 5:00pm, from Memorial Day weekend (May 27th) to Labor Day (September 4th), 2023. The compensation for the services supplied is $17.50/hour.
The Center will follow Covid-19 safety protocols. The successful assistant will:
- Become familiar with the Discovery Center’s displays and exhibits
- Open and close the Discovery Center
- Clean the Discovery Center as needed
- Greet and welcome all the Discovery Center visitors
- Help Discovery Center visitors learn about and understand the information presented on displays and exhibits
- Work with PFA volunteers
- Liaise with DCNR State Parks personnel
- Other duties as necessary
Please email a one-page cover letter and brief résumé. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Send materials to Peter Linehan ([email protected]), PFA Forest Heritage Committee Co-Chair. For more information, email or call 717-440-4348.