Let PPFF help you put more outdoor joy in your life. It’s good for your mental well-being (think lifelong learning and stress reduction, just for starters) and your physical health (lower your blood pressure, get your heart pumping, soak in some needed Vitamin D):
- Sign up for our weekly eblast (Take Five/Fridays with Pam) so you always know what’s happening.
- Visit our calendar of events and know where and when it’s happening.
- Join a friends group or volunteer with one of many projects or the Stewards of Penn’s Woods program.
- Visit our YouTube channel for safety advice and suggestions for beginners, and lots more information. The playlists are organized to help you find what you need.
- Click over to our Publications page for downloadable flyers and fact-sheets, including beginners’ skill-builders, our Explore Near flyers to find fun when you’re on the road, and fun and games for the whole family.
And look here for links to other organizations and resources for a wealth of good stuff.
Other Sources of Information
- Allegheny Trail Alliance – http://www.atatrail.org/
- Get Outdoors Pennsylvania – http://getoutdoorspa.org/
- Keystone Trails Association – http://www.kta-hike.org/
- Pennsylvania Department of Conservation and Natural Resources – http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/
- Bureau of State Parks – http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/stateparks/index.aspx
- Bureau of Forestry – http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/forestry/index.aspx
- Pennsylvania Equine Council – http://pennsylvaniaequinecouncil.org/index.php
- Potomac Heritage National Scenic Trail – http://www.potomacheritage.net/
- Western Pennsylvania Conservancy – http://waterlandlife.org/
Pennsylvania's Conservation Landscapes
- Laurel Highlands: http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/cli/laurelhighlands/index.htm
- Lehigh Valley Greenways: http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/cli/lvg/index.htm
- PA Wilds: http://www.pawildscenter.org
- Pocono Forests and Waters: http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/cli/pocono/index.htm
- Schuylkill Highlands: http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/cli/schuylkillhighlands/index.htm
- South Mountain: http://southmountainpartnership.org
- Susquehanna Riverlands: http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/cli/lowersusquehanna/index.htm
Pennsylvania's Heritage Areas
- Allegheny Ridge Heritage Area – http://www.alleghenyridge.org/
- Delaware & Lehigh National Heritage Corridor – www.delawareandlehigh.org
- Endless Mountains Heritage Region – http://www.endlessmountainsheritage.org/
- Lackawanna Heritage Valley – http://www.lhva.org/
- Lincoln Highway Heritage Corridor – http://www.lhhc.org/
- Lumber Heritage Region – http://www.lumberheritage.org/
- National Road Heritage Corridor – http://www.nationalroadpa.org/
- Oil Region National Heritage Area – http://www.oilregion.org/
- PA Route 6 Heritage Corridor – http://www.paroute6.com/
- Rivers of Steel National Heritage Area – https://www.riversofsteel.com/
- Schuylkill River National & State Heritage Area – http://www.schuylkillriver.org/
- Susquehanna Gateway Heritage Area – http://www.susquehannaheritage.org/
Pennsylvania’s official visitor agency, VisitPA, invites you to pursue your happiness with attractions and activities across the Commonwealth.
The Tourism Promotion Agencies give you a bit of local flavor.