Office Assistant Position OpeningOctober 30, 2019
POSITION: Office Assistant for Pennsylvania Parks and Forests Foundation (PPFF) www.PaParksAndForests.org
REPORTS TO: President
Mission: PPFF’s mission is to inspire stewardship of Pennsylvania’s state parks and forests through public engagement in volunteerism, education and recreation.
Vision: Building the voice for Pennsylvania’s state parks and forests.
Operating Values: * Integrity * Conservation *Excellence *Diversity *Innovation *Inclusion
Office Assistant Job Purpose: Our small but growing non-profit needs a reliable, organized Office Assistant to manage the day-to-day administrative aspects of running the organization. The successful applicant will have a positive attitude, a desire to work as efficiently as possible, and excellent client-facing communication skills. If you have worked in a fast-paced office in the past and you enjoy establishing your own organizational systems, we’re excited to talk with you. The job may include some evening as well as occasional weekend work. We’re looking for someone who can operate effectively with little or no supervision and who can manage multiple tasks at once without becoming overwhelmed.
Office Assistant Job Duties:
- Builds lists for events, programs, mailings, and outreach efforts.
- Greets clients and vendors and directs them to appropriate offices.
- Designs and maintains filing and storage systems in office.
- Coordinates public presentations, documentaries, annual silent auction and banquet, volunteer training logistics and related programs.
- Serves customers by answering questions; forwarding messages; providing follow through on requests, fulfilling merchandise orders, and responding to friends group needs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Creates, edits and updates spreadsheets and other data systems.
- Provides research and writing as requested.
- Occasional need to staff exhibit or represent Foundation at events.
- Maintains office supply inventory.
- Maximizes the value of office volunteers to meet job duties.
- Assists in scheduling meetings, sending reminders, maintaining calendars for President and board.
- Enhances organization’s reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments and identifying needs.
- Associate’s degree or 2+ year of customer service experience preferred
- Pleasant, friendly disposition
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Office experience–scheduling, telephone skills, order fulfilment
- Meeting planning
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Familiarity with Microsoft office and Google Docs
- Ability to think creatively, generate new ideas, develop and implement strategies.
- Ability to meet deadlines and balance multiple commitments.
- Ability to work successfully in team environment in small office setting.
- Strong organizational, administrative, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to the mission of the Pennsylvania Parks and Forests Foundation.
- Ability to withstand periods of sitting and computer work; lifting up to 25 lbs.
Location–Position will be based in the Camp Hill, PA office.
Financial: Rate of $14.00 $15.50/hr; 22 to 26 hours per week. Benefits: Flex time, Simple IRA after one year employment and 1000 accumulated hours worked.
Deadline for Resumes: Send resume by November 18, 2019, to Marci Mowery, Pennsylvania Parks and Forests Foundation, 704 Lisburn Road Suite 102, Camp Hill, PA 17011 or email@example.com