Part Time Development Coordinator Position OpeningAugust 16, 2019
POSITION: Development Coordinator for Pennsylvania Parks and Forests Foundation (PPFF) www.PaParksAndForests.org
REPORTS TO: President
Mission: PPFF’s mission is to inspire stewardship of Pennsylvania’s state parks and forests through public engagement in volunteerism, education and recreation.
Vision: Building the voice for Pennsylvania’s state parks and forests.
Operating Values: * Integrity * Conservation *Excellence *Diversity *Innovation *Inclusion
Development Coordinator: If you love to build relationships, share your enthusiasm for an important cause, and impact the resources available for critical programs, the position of Development Coordinator at the Pennsylvania Parks and Forests Foundation may be right for you. Reporting to the President, the Development Coordinator will be an integral part of a dynamic team and is responsible for coordinating, developing and/or maintaining ongoing partnerships with major donors and sponsors.
The Development Coordinator will increase corporate sponsorship for special events and forge new relationships to support the mission of the Pennsylvania Parks and Forests Foundations.
He/she will work cooperatively with staff on the design and implementation of the annual appeal program and cultivate targeted individual, corporate and foundation philanthropic support.
Development Coordinators Job Duties:
Manage cultivation for a designated group of assigned donors/accounts, nurture relationships and cultivate enhanced giving through the execution of a defined development plan
Manage list of donors and execute communication between staff and board members for donor engagement
Research donor history, giving potential, and social information to develop donor profiles
Maintain donor profiles and a communication connection plan for each donor
Expand the Planned Giving Program to include more members
Work with President and Grant Writer to identify key programs eligible for funding through private, corporate, and foundation grants
Coordinate donor follow up based on donor requests, needs, interests, etc.
Coordinate board and volunteer thank you calls to donors
Speak at a minimum of four events each year to build knowledge of the foundation
Support team efforts such as banquet, events, strategic plan
Work with the Public Relations and Outreach Coordinator to get earned and paid media
Represent PPFF well in all communication, exuding our guiding values and principles
Understand what is happening with PPFF, Friends, parks and forests and be able to communicate our mission, vision and goals
Monitor the donor experience and correspondence flow to include:
- Work with membership coordinator to maintain consistent and accurate reporting related to donor communication and revenue goals; coordinate communications of ‘bulk mailings’
- Keep detailed records of donor communication
- Ensure seven touchpoints per year
- Map all touch points to ensure that they are evenly spaced throughout the year and balanced with asks
Other areas of responsibility as assigned.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; demonstrated ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships
- A 2 or 4 year degree in related field and/or a minimum four years prior experience working in marketing or fund development, including successful solicitation, cultivation, and procurement of individual gifts
- Tangible experience of having expanded and cultivated existing donor relationships
- Strong organizational skills; detail oriented
- Flexible and adaptable work and interpersonal style
- Ability to work both independently without close oversight, but also function as a team player who will take initiative, and manage multiple tasks and projects concurrently
- High energy and passion for PPFFs mission is essential
- Prior “small shop” experience is helpful
- Ability to travel
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships in person and over the phone.
- Ability to maintain accurate records
- Knowledge of NEON, Microsoft Office and Google Suites
Hourly Rate: $22.00-$24.00 per hour, 25 hour per week with possibility for growth
Benefits: Simple IRA after one year and 1000 hours.
To apply: Send resume and cover letter to: Marci Mowery, 704 Lisburn Road, Suite 102, Camp Hill, PA 17011 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline to Apply: September 6, 2019 Interviews in October.