POSITION DESCRIPTION – PUBLIC ENGAGEMENT COORDINATOR
POSITION: Public Engagement Coordinator for Pennsylvania Parks and Forests Foundation
REPORTS TO: President
Mission: PPFF’s mission is to inspire stewardship of Pennsylvania’s state parks and forests.
Vision: To be the trusted voice and advocate to sustain and enhance Pennsylvania’s state parks and forests.
Operating Values: * Integrity * Conservation * Excellence * Diversity * Innovation * Inclusion
THE POSITION: If you love to build relationships, share your enthusiasm for an important cause, and influence critical programs, the position of Public Engagement Coordinator at the Pennsylvania Parks and Forests Foundation (PPFF) may be right for you. Reporting to the President, the Public Engagement Coordinator is part of a dynamic team stewarding state parks and forests. The Coordinator utilizes the appropriate tools and strategies to advance the PPFF mission, educate decision makers, inform and motivate the public to engage, and build a base of stakeholders interested in the conservation and stewardship of state parks and forests.
The Public Engagement Coordinator uses social and print media, storytelling, and events to engage stakeholders and volunteers in stewardship and advocacy. The right candidate will be able to represent PPFF well—our work, our principles, and values—and be part of a team to expand resources (human and capital) to advance our mission.
The Coordinator works cooperatively with staff and volunteers to tell the story of the needs in state parks and forests, to educate, to build our work, to build inclusion, to promote the work of the friends groups, and to inspire desired actions.
POSITION ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Develop and implement engagement campaigns and activities to promote awareness, involvement, and loyalty towards PPFF and our programs
- Write content for and proofread newsletters, media, brochures, letters, and other materials for grammar, style, and content
- Tell the story of our work through various channels-social media, blog, podcast–to support the mission and to engage members and donors
- Develop annual and programmatic communication strategies for engagement, initiatives, and events
- Understand our work and use social media platforms to tell the story and engage the public to action
- Assist with special event and advocacy day planning, sponsor solicitation, organization, and marketing
- Plan and coordinate special volunteer days and corporate engagement days; work with chapters in promoting their volunteer opportunities
- Coordinate presentations on our work and projects for team members and volunteers to build awareness. These include virtual programming.
- Engage thought leaders
- Coordinate print media through press releases, media releases, letters-to-the editor, etc.
- Work with local chapter friends groups and PPFF board of directors as needed
- Work to ensure a place and an experience for everyone in the outdoors
- Assist in implementing the overall PPFF development, membership, and strategic plans
- Maintain wide list of media contacts and respond to media calls in timely manner to support earned and paid media
POSITION ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to think creatively, generate new ideas, develop and execute strategies
- Ability to meet deadlines and balance multiple projects within budget. Willingness to work independently and in small teams, across organization, and inter-organizationally.
- Strong written & verbal skills. Strong organizational, administrative, time management, and interpersonal skills. Bi-lingual skills encouraged.
- Commitment to the mission of the Pennsylvania Parks and Forests Foundation and passion for the outdoors
- Publisher, PowerPoint, Excel, social media platforms, Canva. Video and podcast experience a plus.
- Ability to work Saturdays and evenings as necessary. Some travel required.
- Ability to withstand long periods of sitting, extensive computer work, lifting up to 25 lbs.
- BA or BS in public relations, communications, marketing, or equivalent experience
LOCATION: Position based in the Camp Hill, PA office with ability for partial remote work
FINANCIAL: Hourly Rate: $20.00 to $22.00 per hour based on experience, 40 hours per week
BENEFITS: Simple IRA after one year and 1000 hours. Flex time. Personal time off (vacation and holiday). medical insurance reimbursement program
Submit resume, cover letter and writing sample by March 14th to: Marci Mowery, President at [email protected] or mail to 704 Lisburn Road, Suite 102, Camp Hill Pa 17011.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.