Let Pennsylvania’s state parks and forests inspire the Ansel Adams in you! The annual Parks & Forests Thru the Seasons photo contest allows professional and amateurs alike to vie for supremacy in a variety of categories, capturing all that is special and the memories that are made in our state parks and forests. Once selected each year, our photo showcase gallery goes on tour across the commonwealth the following spring – and the whole process begins again with the launch of a new contest each September.
Our categories for 2020 are the same as last year:
- Selfie – You love to commemorate your visits; we love to see them.
- Dogs In the Outdoors – They can’t take a selfie, but you can share one of your furry family members enjoying the outdoors. (Please note: If dogs are required to be on leash in the place where they are photographed, we will scrutinize the photos for appropriate behavior.)
- Other Wildlife Sightings – From birds and bears to snakes and salamanders, we love to see who’s sharing our lands.
- Park and Forest Adventures – Show us how you like to explore, learn, or relax in Pennsylvania’s State Parks and Forests.
- Motion – Capture movement in Pennsylvania’s State Parks and Forests, be it human or natural.
- Intergenerational Joy – A special part of our state parks and forests legacy is the gathering of everyone from young to old. Show us your family (however that is constituted) at rest and at play – making millions of memories.
- Young Photographers 12-17 – The creative young photographers dazzle us every year with their artistic eye.
Get your copy of the rules and enter as soon as you can. Voting will open on September 16. In the meantime, enjoy the 2019 winners in the Gallery. Click to “Gallery” at the top of any page of the website!